UK MAS NATIONALS 2019
16th – 19th August 2019
MAS Nationals HQ, Graigadwywynt, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 2TF.
This is a working farm, dogs must be kept on lead when around livestock.
Camping will be available from Thursday 15th August – Monday 19th August. Motorhomes, caravans and tents are all welcome. Hook-ups are not available. Toilet will be available, but no showers.
All sessions take place at MAS Nationals HQ. All activities are easily accessible from the camping field and disabled parking will also be provided.
Welcome to the 1st UK MAS Nationals!
MAS Nationals is here to bring together MAS from around the UK, along with those interested in the breed.
Following on from the success of MASCamp, your breed club have now continued on the tradition of MASCUSA (our USA parent club) in holding a Nationals event for the breed. This will be an annual event open to all MAS in the UK and abroad, and is also open to other breeds to attend.
This year Nationals will take place between Friday 16th – Sunday 18th August, with an optional herding day on Monday 19th August.
Schedule of Events
- PM – Camper Arrival
- Take-away dinner run
- Dock Diving
- Ringcraft Seminar
- Hearty Dinner
- Heelwork to Music / Tricks
- Scentwork & Barnhunt
- Bronze & Silver GCDS Testing
- K9 Massage Demo
- Hog Roast
- Gold GCDS Testing
- Fun Dog Show
- Camp Awards Evening
- Optional Herding Day
There will also be daily lunchtime seminars including:
Meet the Breeders
Meet the Trainers
Introduction to Fast CAT
We have multiple trade stands available throughout the event for you to enjoy in your free time, along with lovely country walks and a competitive scavenger-hunt on one of them!
The dock diving pool will be available for use throughout Nationals, but will require a member fo the Committee to be present, please book a swim slot at the UKMASC stand. Unsupervised use of the pool is prohibited.
UK MAS Nationals Photography
Photographs will be taken throughout the camp by our in-house photographer, and are available to purchase at a nominal fee from the UKMASC photography stall.
You can view all images on the stand’s ipad during the Nationals, or directly from the UKMASC photography page, which will be live after the event.
Full size purchased images can be transferred directly to your iphone at Nationals, or via an email link.
- £2 per image
- £1 per image for 10+ photos
Studio sessions will be available for £2 per image.
A holi (powder) photography session will be available to book (weather-dependent) £5 per session (upto 2 dogs from same household) – photos extra following above pricing schedule.
Meet The Trainers
We have options for both working spots (where you will participate with your dog in the session) and spectator spots (where you watch the session and can ask questions, but do not work your dog). Please note: Working Spots are for 1x handler and 1x dog – owners with multiple dogs can work different dogs in different sessions.
The pricing tiers, along with a special discount for the first 5 YKC Member bookings:
- Full camp Ticket working spot (all activities, meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am) £180
- Full camp Ticket spectator spot (all activities, meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am) £90
Full camp tickets include all National’s activities: hoopers, dock diving, htm, scentwork/barnhunt, agility & parkour. Along with inclusive access to all lunchtime and evening seminars and demos, including: ringcraft, GCDS testing, canine massage, fast-CAT introduction, AGM, dog show, awards evening. Plus full meals Friday-Sunday inclusive & on-site camping.
- Full camp Ticket working spot (all activities, meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am) £150
- Full camp Ticket spectator spot (all activities, meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am) £70
Both tickets include 1 free ticket for the YKC Member’s parent to attend as a spectator. YKC Membership proof must be emailed to email@example.com at time of booking to confirm.
We are offering a family rate for Nationals, to include a discount for 1 working adult spot, 1 spectator spot, and up to 2 children under 16 years of age.
This ticket is worth £330, but will be priced at £250 – and includes:
- 1 x Full camp Ticket working spot (all activities, meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am); worth £180
- 1 x Full camp Ticket spectator spot (all activities, meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am); worth £90
- Tickets for up to 2 children (<16 years of age; all meals, and camping Thursday pm – Monday am); worth 2x £60
Please note that you will only have 1 working spot ticket, meaning you can only take part once in each activity. The second family ticket is for a spectator spot only; the children’s tickets are also non-working spots.
All ‘Full Camp’ tickets include 1 GCDS test at the level of your choice (bronze, silver or gold) – note proof of passing the previous level is required, unless taking Bronze.
Those who have not purchased a ‘Full Camp’ ticket can purchase a GCDS test:
- £5 for any level (to include certificate and rosette)
Bookings must be made in advance of the camp in order for you to be guaranteed certificate and rosette on the day.
- Herding Ticket working spot (1 activity, 1 meal, camping NOT included for Monday evening) £30
- Herding Ticket spectator spot (1 activity, 1 meal, camping NOT included for Monday evening) £15
- Herding – Extra Dog Ticket £5
- Children <10 yrs of age, not working a dog are free
Please note that you must book a children’s ticket (free) – this does not include meals and these must be purchased separately.
- Day Ticket working spot (all activities on the selected day, 2 meals, camping NOT included) £60
- Day Ticket spectator spot (all activities on the selected day, 2 meals, camping NOT included) £30
- Session Ticket working spot (1 activity, 1 meal, camping NOT included) £30
- Session Ticket spectator spot (1 activity, 1 meal, camping NOT included) £15
- £10 per night for Caravans & Motorhomes
- £5 per night for Tents
NB: Camping is included (Thursday – Monday) with all ‘Full Camp tickets’, but not with individual day or session tickets.
Full Camp Tickets (including working, spectator, YKC and Family tickets) all include full meals. Day rate tickets include meals for that specific day only. Session rate meals include food for that morning (break for cake & lunch) or afternoon (break for cake & dinner) only.
Tickets for children <10 years do not include meals.
To book extra meals, the prices are as follows:
- Full meals for 1 day (lunch, dinner & 2 breaks for cake) £10
- Half day meals (1 break for cake & lunch OR 1 break for cake & dinner) £5
Please note – food will not be available to you unless you have a meal ticket for that session, either as part of your ticket, or purchased separately.